How Can We Help You ?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Tell us about yourself through our AutoWealth Platform.
- Review our recommended portfolio based on your risk profile and responses.
- Open an investment account with us. You can either do it online or meet our financial consultant.
- AutoWealth will then manage your investment portfolios, from portfolio constructing to periodic rebalancing, while you can sit back and track your accounts 24/7 to see your money grow.
Compared to other financial planners, investing through Autowealth has several benefits:
- Better investment returns through AutoWealth’s “passive strategy”. The well-established SPIVA Scorecard published by S&P Dow Jones Indices1 and other financial researches, found that 80-90% of active fund managers consistently underperforms compared to benchmark market returns over the short, medium and long term. At AutoWealth, we take a passive market-returns approach with no speculation so that you achieve better investment performance.
- Lower fees. Many financial planners have multiple hidden fees, including commission, sales charges, etc, collectively making up 2-4% and adversely affecting your financial goals. At AutoWealth, the US$18 per annum Platform Fee is a fixed charge, but it’s important to note that it’s specifically associated with the AutoWealth Starter option. Clients with an AutoWealth Plus+ or Flexi Cash account won’t incur the US$18 fee. This means that your hard-earned returns goes back into your pockets and you achieve your financial goals much faster.
- Customized profile and investment portfolio. At AutoWealth, you enjoy robust investor profiling and our algorithm tailors and rebalances your investment portfolio according to your unique investor profile and financial circumstances.
- Fine balance of technology and human. Every client matters greatly to us. At AutoWealth, each client is assigned a human wealth manager who is just one Whatsapp away, while most of your investment-related queries can be addressed through our technology platform that is available to you 24/7.
- Consistency. When using traditional financial planners, you may be assigned to a different human financial planner from time to time when your financial planner moves on to another company. At AutoWealth, the algorithm that knows you is consistent.
For more details, you can visit this: SPIVA U.S. Scorecard Year-End 2022 (spglobal.com)
We generally do not comment on other similar service providers. However, we can share that AutoWealth has the following features:
- Holds a Financial Advisor license from MAS (same license as AIA, Aviva etc).
- Proven track record of more than 5 years – Accepted our first batch of users in May 2016. Generated 12.8% returns, net of currency impact and fees, for our first batch of users (users that registered between May 2016 and March 2017) despite the corrections in Q1 2018.
- Follows a pure market returns strategy with no “black box” discretionary elements. Proven by many well-established studies to outperform 80 to 90% “black box” discretionary strategies over a short (5 years) to long (15 years) period.
- Low fees regardless of investment amount. Low fees make investing accessible to a broader range of people. It’s not just for high-net-worth individuals; even those with smaller portfolios can benefit from the cost-effective investment options AutoWealth provides.
- All client assets are held in legally segregated Saxo (our partnering MNC custodian) custody account under their own name. In any bankruptcy situations, no one except the client, has any legal claims on the assets.
- Each of our clients is assigned a wealth manager who is always one whatsapp away.
For more details, you can visit this page .
Key Benefits of AutoWealth
- Clients tell the AutoWealth Platform information about themselves through a concise online questionnaire;
- Clients receive and review the recommended risk profile and corresponding investment portfolio tailored according to their responses;
- Clients decide and open an investment account with AutoWealth at their convenience;
Investing Through AutoWealth
AutoWealth has different investment options like AutoWealth Starter, Flexi Cash, and Plus+, each with its own approach and level of risk.
AutoWealth Starter – A globally diversified portfolio that holds equity and bond ETFs. Depending on your financial goals and risk comfort, you can choose between 5 different asset allocation.
AutoWealth Plus+ 5 different thematic portfolios curated with equity ETFs
AutoWealth Flexi Cash – A cash management portfolio that invests in U.S. treasury bills ETFs
AutoWealth has a rigorous process to screen over 13,000 ETFs listed globally and select the best ETFs based on factors including diversification effect, direct holdings of underlying Bonds or Stocks, reputation of the ETF provider, ETF fund size, liquidity and expense ratio amongst other factors.
- Unlike stocks which pay dividends and government bonds which pay coupons, commodities do not generate any yield at all
- As commodities do not generate any yield/cashflow, they are hence difficult to value. Therefore, commodities tend to have higher volatility (risk);
- Commodities trade in contango most of the time. Contango refers to a situation where the commodity’s futures prices are higher than the current spot price and investors lose value over time even though the commodity spot price remains unchanged over time. This downside is a common phenomenon due to the commodity’s storage/warehousing cost. For example, oil is stored in bunkers while precious metals like gold/silver are stored in bank vaults, thereby attracting storage/warehousing cost.
Fees & Charges
AutoWealth Starter comes with a competitive fee structure, charging a modest 0.5% in Management Fees along with an annual US$18 Platform Fee.
In contrast, Flexi Cash offers an even lower Management Fee of just 0.1%.
For those seeking higher returns, AutoWealth Plus+ levies an 8% fee on profits, making it an attractive option for investors looking to maximize their earnings.
The various fee structures ensure everyone can choose one that suits them best.
No, the US$18 per annum Platform Fee is a fixed charge, but it’s important to note that it’s specifically associated with the AutoWealth Starter option. Clients with an AutoWealth Plus+ or Flexi Cash account won’t incur the US$18 fee.
No, transaction and custody fees will be absorbed by AutoWealth.
Therefore, AutoWealth clients enjoy lower transaction and custody costs vis-à-vis DIY investors.
Protection and Security
Yes, AutoWealth has a Financial Advisors licence (Licence No.: FA100064-1) issued by the MAS and the company is regulated under the Financial Advisors Act.
In accordance with the Financial Advisors Act, AutoWealth clients’ monies and portfolio assets are held in a personal and segregated custody account at HSBC through Saxo Capital Markets, our partnering MAS-licensed financial institution that is regulated to provide custody services. This means that monies and portfolio assets legally belong to the client and are fully segregated from AutoWealth or Saxo Capital Market’s own monies and assets. Clients enjoy full protection against the insolvencies of both AutoWealth and Saxo Capital Markets.
My Investment Account
Clients can use AutoWealth to invest and reach their financial goals, with various tailored investment options to choose from. AutoWealth offers three plans to suit your preferences, whether you have a small or large budget:
AutoWealth Flexi Cash: An accessible option with a minimum investment amount of S$1,000, ideal for those starting small yet aiming for financial growth.
AutoWealth Starter: If you want to invest more, the AutoWealth Starter plan asks for a minimum of S$3,000, offering more chances to grow your wealth.
AutoWealth Plus+: For those with sizable financial ambitions, the AutoWealth Plus+ plan commences at S$10,000, offering enhanced investment performance and a hassle-free experience.
With AutoWealth, you can look forward to better investment performance, lower costs, and the convenience of a platform designed to help you reach your financial objectives.
- Bank transfer
- FAST transfer
- Telegraphic transfer (subjected to your designated bank charges, if any)
- Singapore dollars (SGD)
- U.S. dollars (USD)
- Australian dollars (AUD)
- British pounds (GBP)
- Euro (EUR)
- Hong Kong dollars (HKD)
- Japanese yen (JPY)
- Swiss francs (CHF)